In year 7 pupils will study aspects of: Wales and Britain in the Medieval World
This area of study includes some of these topics:
- The Norman Conquest of Britain
- Life in Medieval Society
- The Black Death
- The Peasants’ Revolt
- Henry II and the murder of Becket
- King John and Magna Carta
- The Welsh Princes’ struggle for independence
During the year, your child will undertake 5 ASSESSMENT TASKS, designed to test and improve their historical skills
- September – Chronology and periods of History.
- December – A project on why castles changed.
- January – A research article describing life in the town.
- February/March – Examining the causes and consequences of the Black Death
- April/May – King John, a good or bad King?
Please ask your child how they are doing!
As a result of studying History, pupils will develop the ability to:
- Explain the causes and consequences of events
- Examine and evaluate evidence
- Be aware of different points of view in History
- Research and investigate topics
- Communicate in ideas in a variety of ways
You can help by:
- Providing plenty of appropriate READING material such as the “Horrible History” Series
- Visiting historical sites such as Cosmeston Medieval Village, or local castles
- Encouraging your child to use the internet for research purposes
- Checking through written work and helping with punctuation and grammar
- Ensuring your child completes set homework tasks