The new GCSE Food & Nutrition course is now being taught to all new Year 10 pupils.
Year 10 will equip pupils with the knowledge to complete the assessments and exam during Year 11.
Successful completion consists of:
- UNIT 1: PRINCIPLES OF FOOD NUTRITION (Written Examination)
- UNIT 2: FOOD & NUTRITION IN ACTION (2 x Non-Examination Assessments)
UNIT 1: Principles of Food and Nutrition
Written examination (40% of the qualification)
Areas of content:
- Food commodities
- Principles of nutrition
- Diet and good health
- The science of food
- Where food comes from
- Cooking and food preparation
UNIT 2: Food and Nutrition in Action
Two non-examination assessments (NEAs) (60% of the qualification), available during the summer term when learners are in Year 10, to be completed and sent for external moderation in May in the final year of learning.
- (i) Assessment 1: The Food Investigation Assessment (20% of the qualification)
- (ii) Assessment 2: The Food Preparation Assessment (40% of the qualification)
FULL DETAILS CAN BE FOUND IN THE COURSE SPECIFICATION: